Play a part at Market House Theatre any time of year! Whether on stage or making magic happen offstage, there’s a part for everyone.
ENJOY THEATRE FROM THE STAGE!
Auditions are always open to the public. Perusal scripts for upcoming productions may be available for checkout at the MHT Box Office.
Make a difference from the wings.
Volunteering for Market House Theatre is an incredible opportunity to fully immerse yourself in the world of performing arts. Not only will you have the chance to work with talented professionals and artists from a wide variety of backgrounds, but you’ll also be able to play an active role in bringing exceptional productions to life for your community. The team at Market House Theatre is always looking for volunteers to help with everything from set construction and decoration to lighting design, costuming, sound engineering, and stage management.
Further Your Passions. Learn Something New.
There’s no shortage of ways to get involved, and you’ll have plenty of chances to learn new skills and further your passion for the arts. Plus, you’ll be giving back to the community while doing something you love – what could be better than that? So, if you’re looking for a way to make a difference and have some fun along the way, why not consider volunteering with Market House Theatre?
We’re here to help you learn & grow.
Our remarkable staff know that not everyone is a theatre aficionado. Our professional staff will be there every step of the way to help you learn new skills and ensure you understand any and all aspects of your volunteer tasks. Many of our staff members started out in community theatre as a volunteer and/or actor and want to see you succeed!
- Preset the production for top-of-show
- Help actors get ready for the show with microphones or difficult costumes.
- Operating lighting or sound equipment
- Help the stage management team prepare and upkeep a production.
- Sort & measure clothing articles
- Cut, paint, and glue fabric and other materials including foam, cardboard, styrofoam, paper, etc.
- Hand sew or machine sewing costume articles
- Organize & prepare costumes for storage
- Organizing, filing, and managing paperwork
- Preparing direct mail mailings
- Making phone calls to patrons
- Basic patron data cleanup
Front of House
- Greet & welcome patrons to a production/event
- Scan tickets & show patrons to their seats
- Help at the bar serving drinks
Scenic & Props
- Build, prepare, and paint platforms and flats
- Load in and/or load out sets & props
- Assist in building new, unique props
- Operate power tools to build show elements
SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER TODAY!
Signing up lets us know you’re interested in volunteering at Market House Theatre.
You’ll be subscribed to our volunteer newsletter and may receive calls from our staff for specific volunteer opportunities tailored to your skills.